Today’s post has been a long time coming. I hear excuses all.the.time. from women about why they can’t do a boudoir shoot and I’m telling you today that it’s all BS! I am a huge believer in loving yourself right now in this moment, and if you aren’t quite there yet, we can help you move forward with some self-love and appreciation. So, without further ado, here are the Top 5 bullsh!t reasons women tell themselves why they can’t do a boudoir shoot right now, and my response to each.
– I need to lose 5 or 10 lbs first – This is probably the lamest excuse! I say this because it is very easy to remedy. Choosing outfits to flatter your shape is essential, but more importantly, the right posing, lighting and angles will do WONDERS for your figure. We do encourage you to treat yourself with love and kindness before the shoot, which involves exercise, eating well and getting adequate rest and hydration.
– I don’t have a boyfriend/husband – Boudoir is for YOU. Realizing your beauty is one of the most incredible things a woman can experience and having amazing portraits of yourself looking absolutely ravishing is life changing.
– I’m not photogenic – It’s possible to take a beautiful photo of every woman on planet earth, it just takes the right photographer! Coaching and directing is a huge part of what I do, and is essential even in the images that appear ‘candid’. Coaching allows you to relax, so you know EXACTLY what to do and how to do it, and you won’t be feeling awkward in front of the camera.
– I don’t know how to be sexy, I’m shy – Awesome! In fact, I find it easier to photograph women who don’t have preconceived ideas on how to ‘look sexy’. I know just the right cues to capture the candid images to make it seem effortless, and I promise to never say ‘Ok, act sexy now!’.
– I don’t own any lingerie, and garter/stockings aren’t really my ‘thing’ – Luckily, we’ve posted an article about the top 5 items every woman already owns that are perfect for a boudoir shoot. Read about that HERE.
Well now that we’ve addressed the most common fears and concerns, what are you waiting for? Book your shoot and trust in us as professionals to take great care of you and help you bring out that side you’ve never seen before.